Director of Outreach
Posting date: 5/16/23
First Presbyterian Church of Santa Clara in Santa Clara, CA is seeking a Director of Outreach to plan, supervise, and direct our community outreach per our Vision plan. We desire a person with a passion for people and for serving others. This is a full-time position with specific work hours to be determined in coordination with the Senior Pastor. This person will be responsible for the overall planning, development and deployment of programs designed to spread the Christian witness in the church and the community. This requires a person with proven abilities in planning and implementing programs, equipping volunteer staff, working with community organizations and marketing the ministry to the broader community. The successful candidate will be a person with a visible commitment to Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit and one whose life demonstrates said commitment. Annual compensation will range from $50,000 to $75,000 and will be commensurate with training, education and experience. This role will work under the direction of the Senior Pastor and the Board of Session and collegially with other staff.
- Lead the effort to develop a program to effectively reach more young families.
- Welcome newcomers to our church and engage them.
- Lead, train, and equip Outreach volunteers with the tools to support Outreach activities.
- Strengthen the fellowship by connecting newcomers and current church attendees to small groups.
- Organize New Church Membership classes on a periodic basis as agreed upon with the Senior Pastor.
- Lead and update social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, website) for our church as an internal resource for church members and an external resource for church seekers.
- Strengthen our partnerships with community by developing a good working relationship with our partners at Living Waters Church, Street Life Ministries, and local schools.
- Provide regular status updates to the Senior Pastor and Session regarding progress towards defined goals.
- Creative, Spirit-led visionary who can ‘see’ what is not yet there and bring it to fruition.
- Possess a passion for a relationship with God through frequent time in the Word and prayer.
- Be passionate about servant evangelism and ministry to members and the community.
- Possess strong team-building and leadership development skills.
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects at once with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to bring diverse groups to consensus while driving towards achieving goals and objectives.
- Ability to research and network in order to develop successful new programs.
- Experience in managing community partnerships and ministry programs.
- Demonstrated ability in recruiting and equipping volunteers and ministry teams in multi-generational settings.
- Highly relational, strong people skills—the ability to relate to all types of people and personalities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- A self-starter, versed in problem-solving.
- A degree in the area of pastoral ministry or community development would be helpful. A seminary degree is preferred.
- Previous experience working on staff of a church
- Able to deliver relevant, Biblical messages when called upon
- Spanish-speaking is a plus but not required.